If you’ve been using your iPhone for any amount of time, you’ve probably run into the problem of the trash filling up with old, unwanted files. The trash can be emptied just like any other folder on your phone, but doing so isn’t as intuitive as it could be. Follow these steps to make sure that you’re always able to empty trash on iPhone when it gets too full.
Step 1. Turn Off Auto-lock
When you are done using your phone, be sure to turn off the auto-lock function. This will keep your device active for a little longer and give you more time to empty your trash before it auto-deletes.
Step 2. Use iCloud Drive
iCloud Drive is a great way to store and share documents with others. You’re able to view, edit, create, and share these documents from your desktop computer or mobile device.
1. Tap the iCloud Drive app icon on your phone’s home screen
2. When prompted, enter your Apple ID password when prompted
3. In the list of apps that appears on the left-hand side of the screen, tap Mail
4. Scroll down until you see a list of mail folders like Inbox Drafts etc. Tap the folder that you want to empty trash on such as Inbox
5. Scroll down until you see an item called Trash. Select it by tapping it
6. Now select all items by tapping them
7. At the bottom right corner of the screen, you’ll see an option that says Delete All Items
8. Tap Delete All Items
Step 3. Restore from Backup
* Select Restore from Backup
* Choose the most recent backup (the one you made before you emptied your trash)
* Click Next and wait for the restore process to finish.
Step 4. Restore From Previous Version of iOS
Before you do this, though, make sure that you have the latest version of iTunes installed on your computer and that you have an active Internet connection. The process of restoring from a previous version of iOS will erase all information from your device. If you’re not sure if it’s worth it, consult with someone who has experience with these things before going ahead with the restore.
Step 5. Delete Apps Manually
1) Open the Settings app and tap General.
2) Tap iPhone Storage or iPad Storage.
3) Tap the app you want to delete.
4) Tap Delete App, then confirm by tapping Delete.
5) If you’re deleting a large number of apps, it’s best to delete them one at a time, as deleting multiple apps can make your device run out of memory.